What combination of Injectable Fillers is Right for Me?
Let’s be honest – even though you know deep inside that getting older is nothing to be ashamed of, it doesn’t keep you from wishing the fine lines and wrinkles on your face would stop giving your age away, or worse, making you look older than you are. Thankfully, there are a variety of treatments available to help you look younger, but the abundance of options can give rise to an understandable amount of confusion for patients. Botox® is, by far, the most widely recognized treatment for facial lines and wrinkles but it may not be the ideal treatment in all cases.
What Treatments are Offered and What Do They Do?
For Dr. Sani, determining the right course of action to achieve the results you want comes down to a matter of understanding the causes of the offending lines then matching them to the treatment best suited for the job. Let’s take a look at the treatments offered and what they can address:
- Botox®/Xeomin/Dysport – Both derived from Botulinum toxin A, Botox® and Xeomin work by preventing the contractions of underlying muscles that cause the appearance of facial lines. These are most often used to treat frown lines and Crows Feet – the fine lines that occur at the sides of the eyes.
- Radiesse – Made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in water-based gel, Radiesse is a filler injected beneath the skin to smooth facial lines and, over time, stimulate the growth of new collagen. It can be used to address the lines running from the nose to the mouth, downward from the edges of the mouth, sagging on either side of the chin and wrinkles in the chin itself. This is the longest lasting fillers and some patients see results for up to two years.
- Belotero – A soft, cohesive gel filler made of hyaluronic acid that integrates into facial skin tissue, Belotero is most often used to address moderate nasolabial folds (smile lines around the mouth), but it can also be used to treat etched-in smile lines and vertical lip lines.
- Juvederm – Also a hyaluronic acid filler but capable of lasting up to one year, Juvederm is used to smooth lines along the sides of the nose and mouth.
- Restylane – A clear moisturizing hyaluronic acid-based gel, Restylane avoids many possible side effects because it is not animal-based. It can be used to add volume to lips, reduce crow’s feet, minimize nasolabial and forehead wrinkles as well as restore volume to areas under and around the eyes. Restylane treatment is effective and can last up for up to 12 months.
- Perlane – Another Restylane product, Perlane works well for moderate to severe wrinkles around the nose and mouth, as well as frown lines. An average treatment will last around 6 months and soften your facial lines for a more youthful appearance.
Dr. Sani will compare your needs, as well as any pertinent allergies you may have, with the available treatments to determine which combination will best suit you. Regardless of which treatments are used, though, all are FDA approved for use in the treatment of facial lines and wrinkles and provide non-surgical improvement lasting several months to a year with no down-time and minimal discomfort.
Discover the right treatment combination to get you back to looking your best. Call Botox® and fillers expert Dr. Sani today at 408-740-5878 to schedule your appointment.